Monday, September 26, 2016

こんばんわ!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit my brother at NYU! It's his first year at NYU, so he took the opportunity to show me around the campus (basically all of New York City)! While walking around, I noticed a Japanese restaurant called "わさび" and was excited to tell my brother it meant "wasabi"! Of course, this is a really (really) minor thing, but I thought it was cool to be able to read some basic words in hiragana. It's really the little things, and the small steps forward that are really fun to see. Also, (see below) at a different Japanese restaurant there was an advertisement for ramen that had Naruto on it! I couldn't resist passing by without taking a picture. So this has been one of those fun, brief updates so yay!
Well, じゃあね!

No comments:

Post a Comment